I try to keep my purse relatively organized, since nothing is more annoying than searching for your keys at the bottomless pit that is your purse. When I emptied out my purse, I realize I only keep the essentials and try to compartmentalize things as best as I can (especially beauty supply stuff):
1) Keys - car keys can be separated from home/work keys in case I valet my car. My Henri Bendel keychain was given to me by my mom because I was born on the year of the pig!
2) Wallet - this LAMB wallet is a bit larger, but that means I can carry coins and not have to fold any bills/receipts.
3) Canon PowerShot - a great point and shoot camera that I can carry and have accessible at all times.
4) Samsung Nexus - obviously I'll need my phones at all times.
5) Hair tie - I'm a girl!
6) LAMB wristlest - I put all of my beauty supplies (see below) in here so that they don't get lost or leak everywhere.
7) Extra Gum - I mean, come on, we all need gum.
8) Samsung spare battery - One of the perks of not having an iPhone is the ability to switch out my battery to a fully charged one so I never worry about my phone dying.
Inside the wristlet, I put my lipgloss, chapstick, etc so that I don't have to continue to search for things in my purse. I normally just wear Vaseline or chapstick to work, but if I decide to go out to happy hour or somewhere after work, I carry lipstick with me to give me a little extra pop of color.
1) Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Crave - I use this lipstain as a lipliner for my pink lipstick.
2) Vaseline Lip Therapy Cocoa Butter - How cute is this tiny little Vaseline container? I love it!
3) NARS lipstick in Funny Face - I love this pink color, though the formula is a little drying.
4) Neosporin Lip Health - I'm addicted to chapstick and will keep 1-2 different types of lip balms at any given time on me.
5) Viva La Juicy perfume - I carry samples with me in case I need to freshen up on the go
6) Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie - One of Tramanh's top picks that compliment my NARS lipstick and gives it a little bit of sheen.
7) Kotex U - Somewhat discreet.
The one thing I left at home is a red Moleskin notebook that I always have to keep thoughts, reminders, and lists.
Hopefully that helps give you a sense of what I'm always carrying around and if you have excess things that make your purse 15lbs, you can see that really, all you need are a few essentials to go about your day!