Apr 17, 2012

How To: Wrap Around Bun

Seen here & here, I am in love with this easy-to-do wrap around bun.  It literally will take you less than 5 minutes to do and it looks more put together than the usual "I just got out of yoga class bun."  Which is me knotting my hair all sorts of crazy and passing it off as an actual hairstyle.

I usually start with Day 2 hair just because updos (even simple ponytails) are easier when your hair is a little dirty.  Sorry for the little spots on the photos, either I need to clean my lens or a ghost kept photobombing me.

What you'll need:
+ 1 hair tie (elastic band)
+ 3-4 bobby pins
+ Any hair bow or hair accessory

Step 1: Start with unwashed hair.
Step 2: Pull back hair into a ponytail.
Step 3: Loop your hair through the ponytail holder twice; when going to loop your hair the third time, stop about 1/3 of the way through to create a "loop."
Step 4: Split the ponytail section in half.
Step 5: Wrap the two ends over each other, criss-crossing over the top of the bun.
Step 6: If your hair is long enough, criss-cross the ends under the bun as well.
Step 7: Secure the crossed-over ends with bobby pins under the bun.
Step 8: Clip a bow or any hair accessory under the bun (I like to show off the top).
It's also cute to put a headband or decorative bobby pins.

Good luck!

questions? ask phivy! | twitter tracker

2 comments:

  1. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.

    The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get bought an shakiness over
    that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again
    since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this hike.
    Feel free to visit my blog Recommended you read

    ReplyDelete

icanhascomments? yes please.