Jul 3, 2009

Honey, I'm a Star!

(at Universal Studios)

I've been bugging Rye Bread to take me to Universal Studios for about a year now...why? I don't know, I guess I haven't been in awhile and it just looks fun. Funny story: we were supposed to go some time last year, but he talked me out of it and the following week, half of it burned down! =( Haha, that's not really a funny story...

Well this 5-day (yes FIVE-DAY) weekend was the perfect opportunity for us to play tourists and visit Universal Studios, Hollywood.

Going to a theme park in SoCal during the summer provides a conundrum: what do I wear so that I don't get ugly tanlines, but is also comfortable? Solution: a simple, halter-neck romper:
i borrowed this from my roommie, and added a red belt for a splash

Love this romper because of the details of the neckline:
Pony tails are a MUST at theme parks, no messing around with curls or flat bedhead for me! It's also important to wear simple (and LIGHT) make-up, since half of it will either be sweated off or splashed off...I opted for liquid liner on both the top and bottom lash lines (to avoid raccoon eyes)
Universal was a blast - we got suckered into buying yearly passes (because it ended up being like $20 more per person). Such suckers.



hell to the nah, I'm not about to be one of THOSE girls who wear heels (wedges or stilettos) to a theme park.
Happy 4th of July weekend!
What are your special patriotic, fireworks-filled, bbq-eating plans?

P.S. I forgot to mention the negative side to wearing a jumper or a romper when going to a theme park: BATHROOM situations are a nightmare! They take a little longer and are a little more complicated. ..Next time, I might opt for a halter and shorts. =)

16 comments:

  1. lol your photos are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable! i love that romper. wherever did your roomie get that? i must know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't leave home without your Chucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha rompers and their bathroom problems!
    i've had a few of those experiences.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks cute! I did learn it the negative when I wore a dark denim romper to the club! Of all places, never again. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute outfit!! look the pic with you and wolverine's blades haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I'm so living vicariously through you! I've always wanted to visit there -- is that where they're building that Harry Potter theme park? If so, I'm totally going haha.

    Sorry to hear about the bathroom trickery with the outfit, but it's such a cute outfit nevertheless! Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never actually seen a romper...did u have to get nekkid to go to the bathroom? haha.

    Looks like u and rye had fun at universal studios! I hope that we get to go when i visit.

    happy 4th! i guess no morning glory sparklers this year :|

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah same here, I have no clue how some girls could walk around a theme park in heels/wedges! I think they're absolutely crazy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit. Perfect for universal studios. I just rocked my black romper at a BBQ the other day! And I just adore chucks!

    liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its totally adorable on you though!!! Yes, the bathroom thing would suck...It just feels wrong to be in a public bathroom topless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You looked super cute. Love the tie at the top of the romper and how you accessorized with the belt. But I agree, love rompers, but they're such a pain when you need to go. :)

    xo, Becs

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!! I totally know what you mean with the bathroom situation. I was struggling with my romper!

    liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. "BATHROOM situations are a nightmare! "

    man i'd be ALL OVER rompers if it wasn't for that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that may very well be the cutest romper ever and yes, the bathroom stuff is so bad!

    ReplyDelete

icanhascomments? yes please.