Mar 22, 2011

Hot Lips {& Shabby Apple Winner!}

So while at SXSW, my good friend & coworker, Sarah, asked me how I apply my red lipstick.  And I was like, "Durr, there are like 100 tutorials out there...why are you asking wittle ol me?" but then I realized that she's not scouring the interwebz & magazines like I am to figure out how to apply red lipstick; so I thought it would be great to post my personal steps to achieve long-lasting red lips.

Of course, just like with anything, everyone has their own go-to methods, but this seems to work for me - having a base, blotting & reapplying ensures that my lips are still intact while I eat...though I wouldn't recommend eating a burger or something where it could potentially get on the sides of your face.  NO it's never happened to me (yes it has).

Also!  I would like to say that the movies are LIARS & if you DO start making out with your bf while wearing red lips...unless it's a lipstain that does NOT move (even as you scrub your lips with every makeup remover possible), both you AND him will end up looking like...well...this.

How To: Long-Lasting Red Lips from hoisinivy on Vimeo.

What you need:
+ Foundation / Concealer (I used L'Oreal MagicSmooth Souffle in Buff Beige)
+ Loose powder (I used Physicians Formula Mineral Loose Powder in Translucent Medium)
+ Nude lipliner (I used Nars Lip Pencil in Tortola)
+ Red lipstick (I used Sephora Lipstick in Rouge R04)

Also, the winner of my Shabby Apple giveaway has been chosen!  W00t.  I've collected everyone's names, added those who were already followers (hey, I want to rewards those who have always been followers in addition to those who just started)...and the winner is...
....
Miss Kat from Dallas, TX!  So Kat, please email me {stephthuynh [at] gmail [dot] com} so I can collect your information (like blood type, social security number, and first born) & send along your fabulous Shabby Apple dress!

Thanks to everyone who entered - even those who didn't, I added you.  NO CHOICE.

questions? ask here / twitter tracker

4 comments:

  1. Ahh this tutorial is amazing! I have red lipstick that I haven't touched in ages ... now I might haha. Hope everything's been going great with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'm still on the hunt for perfect shade of red, but once I do, I'll be using your tutorial. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lips tutorial. I was kind of digging the nude lipliner without the fill in. When can I expect that tutorial. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps. THat last comment was from me Bil.

    ReplyDelete

icanhascomments? yes please.