Apr 30, 2010

How To: Streak of Color

There were so many pictures from Ohio, I haven't had the chance to go through them all, but trust, they're on their way!

We all get tired & bored of the same everyday make-up, (me included) so here's a quick & simple way to add a pop of color to your everyday look:

What you'll need:
+ your basic make-up kit (concealer, powder, etc.)
+ brown & black shadows
+ a bright eyeshadow (e.g. teal, purple, etc.)
+ neutral blush (using MAC's Coppertone)

+ start with a clean slate (concealer, eyebrows, etc.)
+ apply brown shadow from the lashline up to your crease & blend
+ apply black shadow to the outer corners (in a v-shape) & blend
+ curl lashes, line eyes & apply mascara
+ line lower lashline with liquid liner (3/4 of the entire eye)
+ using a thin, angled brush, apply a high-pigmented teal shadow (or any color of your choice) over the liquid liner on your lower lashes, as it helps retain the color throughout the day
+ apply mascara on lower lashes
+ apply a neutral blush (since we don't want our cheeks to compete with our eyes)
+ keep lips natural as well

finished: (sad that the lighting is better in my car than in my room)
peacock ring: beacons closet (brooklyn, ny)
Update: As you can probably tell, things have been a bit busier on my end, but I still love blogging...so to remain somewhat consistent, I'll probably stick to posting 2-3 times a week (versus daily). Sowwy weaders...I wuv you.

Questions? Ask here!

7 comments:

  1. Ooo purty! BUT, this reminds me of the great battle scene in Avatar, and you're even in a vehicle. haha

    http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/9400000/trudy-chacon-james-camerons-avatar-9473106-652-365.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh. love it! i think i'll try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't know how to apply liquid eyeliner on the lower lashline. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg. I wish you could see me right now as I'm wearing that EXACT same look. teal liner on the bottom and everything! hilarious! great minds think alike. It's been my new favorite thing to do is to add the pop of color on my bottom lash line!

    I actually used my Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in the teal color as the base. it's the perfect shade of teal. http://www.urbandecay.com/products/Flipside247.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  5. We wuv you too, not to worry! I've tried pulling this off a few times, and that liquid liner on the lower lashline is a good tip :) I shall try it, thank you lady! Hope you have a great weekend and that you also get to relax a little!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute look, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

icanhascomments? yes please.