May 16, 2009

Reunited in Vain

In 1st grade, I had a friend named Susie who left to go to a different school after that academic year. Skip 15-years later and we still remembered each other when mutual friends coincidentally "re"-introduced us. We recently reunited via Facebook, and today I went to visit her salon in Orange County. What I've been in awe about is the fact that I can barely remember friends from high school & college, but my grade school memories are perfectly intact, ingrained in my memory - even what others could consider insignificant. I wonder why our childhood memories are so vivid compared to our short-term memory? I can barely remember to pay my rent! Haha.

Has that happened to you? Have you met or seen someone whom you remember from grade school only to be reunited 20+ years later?

Sorry, this was kind of a lame post...it's just that it really tripped me out!

I don't have an outfit post today because I totally spaced - but I did snap a few shots of my make-up. This was actually pretty cool for me to do - the shadow blends from white to pink to purple , although I'm not sure if you can tell in the photos.


The reason why I visited my long-lost friend at her salon was because she owns her own makeup company called Vain Cosmetics, and I purchased her palette of 88 colors. I was so excited, that I started playing with it in the car (Ryan was driving, of course!). I'll definitely be testing out all the colors, and hopefully I'll do a tutorial! =)

As I mentioned, Ryan has two dogs, Sydney & Poncho. Here are a couple of quick shots of the beast that is Poncho. He's part Lab part Chow (as you can tell from his spotted tongue). He loves me a lot, but is so huge, I can practically throw a saddle on him to take him for a walk!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE dogs!!! My pup is my best bud. They are such great companions. You're make up is perfect, and I just adore the shape of your eyes. So lovely and sexy, too. Jealous!!!! You are a true natural beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I like how Poncho's butt is sticking up into the air. Such a BIG puppy!

    ReplyDelete

icanhascomments? yes please.